Top 10 Credit CardsPosted: July 17, 2011 | Author: creditcards | Filed under: Credit Cards | Leave a comment »
I never knew that there were so many different credit cards available until I decided to apply for one. The application part was very easy and it only took seconds to approve. The most difficult part was deciding on which card I wanted to apply for. After quite a bit of research the all time favorite American Express won out, but more because it was a name that I was familiar with.
I made a list of 10 of the top credit cards along with a few of their best features.
1. American Express – Still one of the most favored credit cards available American Express allows its users to make money while spending money.
2. Elite Rewards World MasterCard – With this card everyone wins even if you don’t have excellent credit you will still earn rewards with each purchase that you make
3. Chase Freedom – JP Morgan Chase – cards offer many rewards and benefits including a $200.00 cash back reward
4. Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – Just like the Chase Freedom card the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit cards are very popular because of the no annual fee for the first year and the rewards only get better with Chase Sapphire Preferred card.
5. Discover Card – The Discover Card is definitely one of the most popular cash back cards around because you can get up to 20% cash back on online purchases and there is no annual fee for the first 18 months. The Discover card has an extra security feature for online shoppers that allows internet shopper to have a separate credit card number specifically for shopping online.
6. Orchard Bank Card – Has grown greatly over the past 10 years due to the fact that they report to three different credit bureaus each month which allows you to rebuild you credit rating. There is an annual fee of $59.00 per year and a regular APR that is between 7.9% and 19.90% according to your credit rating.
7. Capitol One – Is yet another very popular card that has no annual fee, however you do have to have excellent credit to get the Capital One No Hassle Cash Rewards card, but it is well worth the effort. There is no annual fee for a year and 0% APR. You can get up to 15% cash back when you shop at certain retail stores, 2% cash back on gas and groceries, and 1% on everything else.
8. First Premier Bank – Offers secured and unsecured credit cards so if your credit score is a little short the First Premier Bank card can help you to bring that score up.
9. Citi Credit Cards – This card has 0% APR, no annual fee for the first year. Citi Bank card users can manage their Citi Bank accounts online and feel safe while doing so. They also off identity theft solutions.
10. Retail store cards such as Walmart, JC Penny, Home Depot – These cards are becoming more and more popular and carrying around cash is becoming less popular. The retail store cards also offer discounts on merchandise and gas bought with them.
There are so many cards to choose from that it can be over whelming just take your time, read everything and don’t be afraid to call the company and ask questions.